Who can apply?
Your business must be based in the Kent (including Medway) administrative area and provide home improvement or maintenance services to Kent residents to join KCC Trading Standards Checked.
You can check if your business is located within Kent (or Medway's) administrative area here.
To complete your application, you will need...
- A digital copy of your Public Liability Insurance
- 1 document to prove your identity
- 1 document to prove your address
- A current photo of yourself (this will be added to your business webpage)
- Digital copies of licences and accreditations if you provide services that require them. These include Gas Safe, Asbestos Removal Licence, Waste Carriers Licence and Street Works Registration.
Proof of Identity
The form of ID must be a different document to that for proof of address for all owners / directors on the application form. You cannot use one form of identification for both name and address.
For example, if you provide your passport as proof of your identity you must provide another form of identification for your address, such as a utility bill. Photos or scans of documents are fine.